GLAC is the only organization in the USA boasting about 30 concerts
every year under it's banner. No other sabha/organization in North America
can boast such a wonderful lineup!
Recurring Festivals and themes (4 concerts, 3 festivals, 3 collaborations)
The annual Navarathri festival during the month of October at
the Bharatiya Hindu Temple in Troy, Michigan.
The 10 hour function includes the rendition of Navavarna Krithis, the
performance of our community kids, and a
main concert in the evening and also helps in raising donation to the temple’s
building expansion project.
GLAC -- A retrospective!
Great Lakes Aradhana Committee (GLAC) is a
premier non-profit organization committed to preserving, presenting and
promoting arts in the Great Lakes region.
As a member, patron & supporter of GLAC, here are a few things you probably
didn’t know about GLAC.
One of the oldest and largest organizations of its kind (30yrs in 2015, 2600 in
Only organization in NA to bring over 30 events under its label (includes 10
Only organization in NA to partner with top Universities, Museums, City and
Run by team of passionate people bringing you the best North America has to
One of the few North American based organizations which is purely volunteer run
2015 is a going to be a landmark year for GLAC in so many ways:
30th year of the organization
25th year of Navarathri festival
5th year of SAROVAR and
10th year as a formal organization!
Also, in 2015, we are beginning our
partnership with Dearborn and the Arab American National Museum. This unique
partnership will be part of an effort to build bridges that span racial,
cultural and ethnic divisions amongst the communities. With these goals in mind,
we are planning a concert with the Museum's Public Programming to embraces all
cultural art forms. Stay tuned to our website for details..
In 2015, GLAC was instrumental in hosting & promoting over
30 concerts in SE Michigan including ‘jambavans’ like Sanjay Subrahmanyan and
Sri TN Seshagopalan. No other organization in North America can boast such an
As we come to an end of a successful 2015 season, we would like to thank you,
the rasikas, without whom, we wouldn’t be striving so hard.
1. Mar 21st - Aditya Prakash, Jay Balan, Vinod Seetharaman & Karthik Venkatraman
(SVBF Fundraiser Event)
2. April 18th - Sanjay Subrahmanyan, Varadarajan, Neyveli B. Venkatesh --
Lawrence Tech, Southfield
3. May 1st Shantala Subramaniam, A. Vinu, Palghat Mahesh -- Arab American Museum
4. May 16th Michigan Thyagaraja Aradhana -- Flint Kasi Temple Fundraiser
5. May 16th Harikatha on Thyagaraja by Sri TN Seshagopalan -- Kasi Temple, Flint
6. May 29th - Bharat Sundar, VVS Murari, Trivandrum Balaji, KV Gopalakrishnan
7. May 29-31st IFPA-Sarovar 2015 Music Festival at Oakland U (Sarovar Details
8. May 30th - "Vibrations" an ensemble by Laya Rathnakara Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan,
Hariyudan Naan Ravishankar, Ragavendra Rao, Ghatam GuruPrasad & Morsing
9. May 31st - Violin & Mridangam duo Nagai Muralidharan & Sriram ; Sri Manargudi
Easwaran & Vijay Ganesh
10. June 6th - Papanasam Sivan festival by Sivan Fine Arts Academy -- SV Temple,
1. Jul 11th - Madurai R. Sundar, Keerthana Sankar, Rajasekhar Atmakuri
2. "Padmabhushan" Kumari Kamala Lakshminarayanan (Mel Sabari Fundraiser)
3. July 13th - Carnatic Music Workshop: By Vidushi. Dr T.S.Sathyavathi (Balaji
4. July 26th - Bangalore S Shankar Vocal Concert (SVBF Temple)
5. Aug 2nd - Bho Shambo - Compositions of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati Sri.
Madurai Sundar, Sri Trichy Sankaran, Sri. Jayshankar Balan -- Country Day School
6. Aug 13th -- Evenings in Paradise -- Carnatic Music Under the Stars (Paradise
1. Sep 20th: Sangeeth Samraat - Global talent search: Prelims @ SVBF Temple
2. Oct 10th - 25th Navaratri Festival of Michigan, (Bharatiya Temple Fundraiser
3. Oct 10th - Shri. Delhi Sunderrajan, Keerthana Sankar, Vinod Seetharaman
4. Oct 24th: Flute Raman, Mysore Srikanth, Gowrishankar - SVBF Temple
5. Nov 1st: Nirmala Rajasekar, Ronu Majumdar, Ajeet Pathak,Tanjavur
Murugaboopathi - SVBF Temple
6. Nov 7th: Hyderabad Seshachari, Jay Balan, Trivandrum Balaji - SVBF Fundraiser
7. Nov 21st: Ramakrishnamurthy, RK Shriram Kumar, Arun prakash - SVBF Temple
8. iCarnatic’s MiD | Margazhi in Detroit - Music festival Nov. 26th thru. Nov.
29th - SV Temple
White labeling – We have another dozen or so concerts advertised to the
community like the Metro Detroit's Annual Diversity Festival, the Concert of
Colors, promoting several other major classical events in the SE Michigan and
events held by other organizations.
In 2016, we are looking to working closely with the several music and dance
schools to promote the classical arts among the community. It will be a
win-win-win-win for the organization, the school, their students and the
In 2014, GLAC had 30+ (incl
10 white-label) concerts including Smt. Sudha Raghunathan and Sri.T.M.Krishna.
No other organization in North America can boast such an amazing lineup!
To recap our smashing 2014 season, we had 20+ concerts including Smt. Sudha
Raghunathan and Sri.T.M.Krishna. No other organization in North America can
boast such an amazing lineup!
The smashing 2014 lineup:
Sunday Apr 27th, 2014
Violin Duet: Lalgudi Duo -Lalgudi Sri G.J.R. Krishnan & Lalgudi Smt.
Saturday, May 3rd 2014
Vocal: Sangeetha Kalanidhi Smt. Sudha Raghunathan
Saturday May 10th, 2014
Annamacharya Aradhana Utsavam - 606th Birth Anniversary of Annamacharya
Saturday May 17th, 2014
27th Annual Michigan Thyagaraja Aradhana
Saturday May 17th, 2014 @ 3:30PM|
Flute Concert by Maestro S. Shashank
Friday May 30th, 2014
Vocal: Trichur Brothers - Sri Srikrishna Mohan / Ramkumar Mohan
Saturday May 31st, 2014
SR Santaprakash (Vocal)
Lec- Dem by Shri Madurai R Sundar
Jugalbandhi by Mrs Kasturi Shivakumar and Mrs
Carnatic Orchestra by Professor Mark Stone
and students of Oakland University
June 1st Sunday
Group singing- Students of Mrs. Kasturi Shivakumar
Vocal concert by R Suryaprakash
June 7, 2014
Papanasam Sivan festival by Sivan Fine Arts Academy
August 22, 2014 7:00 PM
Vocal: Dr. Sumathi Krishnan
Sunday, Sep 7, 2014
Mandolin - Prakash Hariharan
Saturday, Sep 13, 2014|
24th Annual Navaratri Festival
Saturday, Sep 13, 2014
Vocal Sandeep Narayan
Oct 18, 2014 6:00 PM
T. M. Krishna Vocal
Saturday, November 15
"Divine Strings - A Carnatic Violin Concerto" by Sri. Purnaprajna Bangere
Saturday, December 6, 6:00pm
Saxophone: Dr Sumanth Swaminathan
White labeling -- over 10 events were
advertised to the community: e.g.
Trigalbandhi - Chitraveena N. Ravikiran & Tarun Bhattacharya & Sanchita
Bhattacharya Presented by Sankara Eye Foundation
Bharatiya Temple Fundraiser Event -- "Dasavatharam"
Metro Detroit's 22nd Annual Diversity
Festival -- Concert of Colors July 10-13th (Midtown Detroit)
Promoting several other major classical
events in the SE Michigan
Promoting several events held by local
Again, none of this will be possible without
your support. We hope to see you become a member in 2015 and also encourage you
to DONATE online from our website to bring more concerts to Michigan. Every
dollar you give is spent towards music enrichment in Michigan.
In 2015, we are looking to working closely with the several music and dance
schools to promote the classical arts among the community. It will be a
win-win-win for the organization, the school and their students.